Robert Kraemer GmbH & Co. KG was founded 1912 as trading house in Bremen.
Back then the salesman Robert Kraemer was trading, among other things, in milk, honey and wool. In 1930 the import of natural rosins was started and by 1938 Robert Kraemer was the largest importer of colophony in Germany.
In the 1950s Kraemer founded its paint resin plant, starting with the industrial production of colophony based resins in 1952. The corner stone for today’s leadplant in Rastede-Hahn was set in 1955. In the 1960s the secondary plant was build in Delmenhorst and the first research and development laboratory was equipped. At the beginning of the 90s the company started to focus on special resins. Kraemer made considerable investments in research, production and sustainability. With the closure of the secondary plant in Delmenhorst in 2003 an essential step was made. Concentrading both the production and research activities in Rastede.
To enable smaller production runs, a pilot plant station with batch sizes of up to 500 kg was commissioned in 2007. In 2010 and 2011 the high rack storage area was built and a storage control system was installed to ensure a smooth logistical procedure.
To remain innovative and traditional, Robert Kraemer relies on its own research and production. The employees continue to develop new resins and optimise their production to fulfil the requirements of the customers. The resulting customer satisfaction is the highest priority for Robert Kraemer.